I get lots of people asking, exactly what does the Dallas Tavern Guild do? There is a lot of misconception about our purpose and function in the LGBTQ community. First and foremost, we are a group of LGBTQ bars and nightclubs dedicated to serving our community in a safe and comfortable environment. We make every effort to be in compliance with all city ordinances and rules regarding safety and health issues. We also strive to maintain vigilance against illegal activity or criminal behavior within our businesses.
Our primary service-related function is to raise money for our selected charities and community service agencies each year. Contrary to popular belief, our members do not receive any of the funds we raise throughout the year. All proceeds, after expenses, go to our beneficiary agencies. The only benefit our members gain are from the additional traffic our events bring to the community.
Our official annual events are the Alan Ross Texas Freedom Parade and Miller Lite Festival at Fair Park, the Coors Light Voice of Pride vocal competition, the International LGBT Press Trip, the Holiday Gift Project, the maintenance of the Alan Ross AIDS Memorial in Lee Park and we also support the Secret Santa program of the Sam Houston School. There are other occasional events that we support and help promote but all of our official events are based on a fundraising structure.
Our community involvement consists of partnerships with the Dallas Convention & Visitors Bureau, the Dallas Office of Special Events, Lee Park Conservancy, the North Texas GLBT Chamber of Commerce, the Turtle Creek Association, and the Cedar Springs Merchant’s Association. I also serve on the Diversity Council at the Dallas CVB in an effort to assure that the LGBTQ community is equally included in our city’s marketing missions and that diversity is present in all their programming.
I hope this will help clarify who we are and what we do. Of course, if you ever have any questions or concerns, you can always reach me through this website or the Dallas Tavern Guild office. We aim to continue to serve and support our community in a spirit of fairness and equality for all persons and will always work toward making a better place for us in this city.
Dallas Tavern Guild Mission Statement
The Dallas Tavern Guild is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for those in the gay, lesbian, bi-sexual, transgender community though various fundraising activities and events created and maintained to support the needs of those we serve and enhance the quality of life for all.
Dallas Tavern Guild and Dallas Pride
The Dallas Tavern Guild Board of Directors
- discord text to speech turn off writing paper sets dissertation xps homework help graphing equations paraphrasing and summarising custom papers express thesis statement worksheet esl https://groups.csail.mit.edu/cb/paircoil2/?pdf=resume-sample-for-java-developer https://cirict.org/purchase-custom-research-papers/ best essay writer service homework help in nj follow url cialis low dose cost best paper writing services how to end a scholarship essay good essay conclusions venta viagra follow enter site writing for companies go do my popular problem solving online thesis paper checklist go here https://awesomeamsterdam.com/bilingual-speech-pathologist/ follow url game testing thesis see memorial day essay best custom essay writing sites writing curriculum Executive Director Jaron Turnbow
- President Lonzie Hershner (Tin Room, Marty’s Live)
- Vice-President Ray Demps (Zippers)
- Secretary Frank Holland (Pekers)
- Treasurer Adam Lynn (Round Up Saloon)